Love This Life

Good morning and happy Wednesday. It's Sue here with my first piece of the year. Now everyone knows how much I love Christmas, but I was really happy to not make a Christmas card. My thoughts have now turned to Spring, and so I've made myself some flowers.






I started by painting a wooden frame with some Colourcraft Lustre Paints. These really are lovely and dry very quickly. I've just dabbed the colours on with my blenders.



Then I stencilled on some silver metallic paint through a That's Crafty grungy harlequin stencil.



I also painted/daubed a piece of chipboard with blues, greens, and pearl Lustre paints.


I love these new Crazy Flowers (1) that Melina has designed for Rubber Dance, and I've stamped and embossed them on the chipboard.




I'm also a huge fan of Brusho's, so I've made a couple of backgrounds and stamped the flowers and leaves from both Crazy Flowers 1 and 2. Now for my favourite bit, the cutting out!   



I have to say that although these are really detailed stamps, they're also simple shapes to cut out which is just fine by me!



Just playing around starting to build the design.


You can't beat a bit of bendy wire!


And we're all done! There a Tim Holts sentiment and a bit 'o' bling to finish it all off. I hope you like it, I certainly enjoyed making it.


Don't forget our challenges now run for a month, so please join in with your take on our colours or a 'vintage' theme or both! All of our wonderful stamps can be found in the store.


Have a very happy week, and I'll see you again soon x




Comments

SewPaperPaint said…
What a fabulous tutorial Sue! I just love your awesome project and layering. So much dimension and color variation to admire! Hugs, Autumn
Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW, Sue - this is fabulous!! So creative and so beautiful! Love the flowers on wire - awesome idea! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome make and tutorial! ♥ ♥ ♥
Sue said…
Thank you so much Autumn xx
Sue said…
Thank you Bibi :-D xx
Ink Art Designs said…
I love this Sue! You just can't beat a bunch of flowers.
Dot x
Absolutely breathtaking Sue, makes me go all springy too 😂
Hugs
Donna xx
This is truly stunning Sue, beautiful use of the stamps and all framed fabulously!!
Hugs Tracey xx
Love this so much Sue! So happy you like the Crazy flowers :) When I designed them I did think of that they should be easy to cut out!
Susanne Rose said…
I love this frame!!! It's absolutely wonderful!
Redanne said…
Sue, I loved seeing your tutorial of how you brought this beautiful project together - the flowers are gorgeous and the bendy wire is such a great touch! Love this! Hugs, Anne xx
Hi Sue, it's brilliant, knew it would be. Angela xXx

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!