CASology Challenge Journey Card by Bibi

If you are looking for DT Majo's post today, please click here.


Hello everyone! Bibi here today with two CAS cards I've made for the current CASology challenge, where the theme this week is JOURNEY:


My tip: When using only a sentiment stamp on your card, you can add a bit of interest 
by cutting out one of the words, frame it and adhere it with foam tape off to the side.



For the third time this summer, Rubber Dance is sponsoring CASology - a challenge blog that is all about Clean And Simple (CAS). 





Each week, we'll study clean and simple design using a cue word as our inspiration.  The design team will share their CAS creations and a little bit about their designs to inspire you to create a clean and simple card of your own!



  




Weekly challenges begin Tuesday mornings.
  1. Interpret the word on the weekly cue card however you'd like!  This is about creativity!
  2. Link up your *new* creation (card, tag, scrapbook layout, etc.) here on the CASology blog.
  3. Please add a link back to us on your blog post when submitting your creation.
  4. Please feel free to combine this challenge with other challenges.
  5. Be creative.
  6. Keep it simple.
  7. Have fun!
All submissions are due Mondays at noon, CST/CDT.
(That's 19:00 in Scandinavia and continental Europe, 18:00 in the UK)


I said I had made TWO cards for the journey theme, and here is the second one:



I thought long and hard about what 'journey' can mean, and I came up with a few ideas that never made it to the paper (one with a woman walking and the text saying "She..... is leaving", another was a dancer balancing on the top of the Eiffel tower). Since I'm hooked on the Textured Flowers stamps right now, I ended up making this card about a bee's journey back and forth to its hive. The text says BRB!, which you probably know means "Be Right Back", but in this case, I think it stands for Bee Right Back!

What do YOU think 'journey' can mean? Share with us in the comments below, or show us by making a CAS card about it and join CASology's challenge! :-) 


Thank you for stamping by today!

Love,
Bibi



All stamps from Rubber Dance:
Journey from Think Again
Flower from Textured Flowers
Bee from Beautiful Bugs
Stencil from The Crafters Workshop:
Chicken Wire (I thought it looked like a bee honeycomb)



Remember to check out DT Majo's post today!
 It's her last as a DT member here, so you might want say goodbye or "see you around!" ♥

Comments

Judy1223 said…
Bibi, WOW! I love the way you think! Two amazing cards (and I love the other ideas you mentioned that didn't make it to paper)! I love how you framed the word "journey" so it would add interest, and the textured flowers are so cool. (Love the BRB!) Thanks for sponsoring the CASology challenge this week!
Mac Mable said…
Such fun ideas. The first card is CAS perfection and love the way you framed and popped up the sentiment. Fabulous idea for the second one...love it!
Craftyfield said…
Another 2 great CAS makes, Bibi, you're on a roll! I will take Journey very literally so I can use some of my travel stamps, Paris, Venice, maps etc... I have plenty of choices.
Artatag said…
Two very clever and cool cards! Beautifully made! Love them both!
Love them Bibi! You are SO creative and I love to see your art. I especially enjoyed the card with bee, so clever. I've never made a CAS card before, maybe I'll give it a try - it looks so fun :)
Hugs, Anita
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Judy! ♥ Sponsoring CASology has been such fun and I'm really glad for the opportunity. Making CAS cards is still a challenge for me, but a fun one! :-)))
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Mac! ♥ Glad you like'em :-)
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Craftyfield! ♥ Yes, I'm on a CAS roll now and I'll be hard to stop!
I look forward to seeing your journey card :-)
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Gabriele! ♥ Very different from what you and I usually make, but fun! :-)
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Anita! ♥ Yes, I think you should give the CAS cards a try. It's a real challenge - but a fun one! :-)
ionabunny said…
Two lovely and very different CAS cards. Love the bee. Such a fun idea. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!