Another Mixed Media Painting from Iceland


Hello again. Sigga Dís from Iceland here, and this is my second Guest Designer project for Rubber Dance. If you didn't see my first post, you can find it here.


This time I made a different painting. Using soft colours and a little collage wings.


I started using two blue/turquoise and one pink paint on a 300 gr. cold pressed watercolour paper from Daler Rowney.


Then I did some stamping, and I love these stamps from Rubber Dance.






Some details, don't you just love these stamps?




I left a little blank space where I drew a face, I love to draw faces.


A bit of white colour here and there.


Black outlining with paint.



Coloured her hair and dress.

Changed the colour of her dress:






After using my brayer adding some white colour here and there I wanted to add wings to my girl.



Had a little problem deciding where to add the wings.
Used a black Posca pen around her eyes, nose and mouth.





Before I feel like finished I had to add a little text to my girl. 

It says.. 

Your wings already exist, all you have to do is fly...

Love this text...

Supplies I used:
Daler Rowney 300 gr. cold pressed watercolour paper
Golden fluid acrylic paint
Martha Steward paint
Brayer
Posca pen
Collage butterfly wings I found on the internet
Some brushes
Pencil
Golden gel medium for the wings

Here you can find me:

Thank you for stopping by.

Have a great day

Namaste,

Sigga Dís




Comments

Majo said…
Wow, Butterfly earrings, such a fun idea, love it ♥
Craftyfield said…
Very artistic! And so brave to do faces...
Bibi Lindahl said…
This is really beautiful, Sigga. I love how the process looks, from the quite dark stamped images until the finished painting where they are muted down in such a beautiful way. Love your woman drawing! Nice touch with the wings and the text you added ... A good reminder to us all :-)
Thank you so much for being willing to Guest Design for me & Rubber Dance! I appreciate it very much and it has been such a joy to see your artwork. I hope your appearance here has given you many new fans and followers on your social media.
♥ ♥ ♥
Artatag said…
Very good use of stamps, they make a wonderful background. And the girl is awesome!
ionabunny said…
Beautiful. The more I look the more I see. So many lovely details. Love the circles, the pink blue combo and those cute little collaged wings. Love it. Hugz
Absolutely beautiful, Sigga! I love the girl, the colors and stamps you used. Yeah, well, okay then I love all about it! Your art are so alive and speaking. You have a unique expression of your art. Hope we get to see lots more of you. And btw you give - at least me, a lot of inspiration. Thank you ♥
Hugs, Anita
Siggadisart said…
Hi Majo, glad you like it but there are no butterfly earrings, those are her wings :) But a fun idea to have a butterfly earrings :) Ill try it :)
Siggadisart said…
Thank you, making faces is my favourite :)
Siggadisart said…
Thank you too Bibi, I loved making these two project. Maybe we can work together again later :)
Siggadisart said…
Thank you so much :)
Siggadisart said…
Thank you so much, glad you liked it :)
Siggadisart said…
Thank you so much Anita, you made my heart smile with your nice comment. So glad if I have inspired you and feel free to follow me on FB or my Blog. You can find the address in the blog :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!